of the Friends of Kalo Chorio Association -
Friends of Kalo Chorio Association
"Commandaria" was established in March of 2003 (Download
of association ).
The initiative began in 1985, but it was 2 years ago that
we were able to formalize it and increase its membership.
We work with great zeal and enthusiasm and all the Kalo Chorians
help and support our association.
Our goals are:
1. Developing relationships and friendships among our members.
2. Fostering the touristic, cultural, financial and social
improvement of the village.
3. Solving problems of the village working closely with the
4. Establishment of a committee to preserve and improve the
5. Establishment of a committee to work on several projects
in the village.
6. Organization of seminars and lectures on topics that are
of interest to the residents of the village.
7. Organization of cultural theatrical and musical events.
The board of our association has worked hard to achieve many
of the above goals. Your support is very important to us in
Kalo Chorio is a village that is worth visiting. The climate
is agreeable at any time of the year. You can have a white
view with snow in the winter and green and cool summers. Spring
is beautiful with the scent of flowering trees in the fields
A tour of the village can start with a visit to the Commandaria
factory, one of the oldest co-operatives in Cyprus, established
in 1924, where you can watch a short film about the cultivation
of the vine and the production of Commandaria.
After a visit to the Village Tavern for a delicious and refreshing
food and drink break, the visitor will have various options:
1. Visit one of the local coffee shops (Kafenion)
2. Take a walk through the village to meet local and expatriate
residents, take a look at restored traditional houses and
watch bread being made at the village bakery.
3. Visit the 19th century church of Agia Marina and see the
unique hand carved wooden iconostasis, which took the sculptor
seven years to complete.
4. Go on a Nature trail walk through gardens of walnut, fig,
orange and tangerine trees and many vegetables. The trail
is the habitat of local birds and is rich in flora.
President of the Friends of Kalo Chorio Association